Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Happy Mother's Day!
This is my 2nd mother's day and it was a nice one! First, Sophia gave me the best present of all which was sleeping in till 9:40am, but it made us late for church...oops! We went to church and then spent the day at my parent's house, so the whole fam was together. The men made a wonderful and filling dinner for all the ladies!
I always like making something for my mom, so I put Sophia's hand print inside of mine and found a very true quote that I liked..."Mother's and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers." My mom has always been a good friend, but we've become even closer since I've had Sophia. I love you mom!
While the boys made dinner, we went outside to play. The classic "spider" way to swing! weeee!

Sophia helped me open my Mother's Day gift from my parents. They got me stuff to get my feet ready for summer and had Sophia help paint a craft for me.
And they got me a pot that you can write on with chalk...pretty cool. Sophia drew a couple of lines, but TJ decorated the rest.

When we got home Sophia gave me presents from her. She got me a sewing machine! It's a little Sally homemakerish but I've had this weird urge to learn how. My mom is an excellent sewer and it's something I want to know how to do for Sophia. My mom actually laughed at me when I told her I wanted to learn, haha! I love the sewing machine already because it says... "SIMPLE SINGER!" I like simple...TJ has me sewing a dress for Sophia already...I don't think that's simple, but we'll give it a whirl!

I love this girl!
I am truly blessed to be a mom and have such a loving family! The gifts are great, but the card Sophia got me was perfect. It says, "Thanks for taking good care of me, for loving me lots, and raising me right. Thanks for being the perfect mom for me." I do love her lots and although I know I'm not the perfect mom...I'm the perfect mom for her! I hope all the moms had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Em Happy Mother's Day to you! You sure are loved girl! You sure made out with the gifts but what a sweet card from Sophia that's really the sweetest thing just as she is so sweet, -I'm so glad I got to see ya for a minute today! I know what we can do now... LoL, we can have a sewing weekend! haha that probably doesn't fly as a vacation but I'm sure it would be fun! My grandma has been teaching me something every time I come home (I need to come home more!). Well have a great week!

Calley said...

Cuteness. Happy Mom's day to you also! You will be a fabulous sew-er. I still stare at my machine, but my mother in law helped (or did everything) me learn how to make curtains...so maybe there's hope for people like us?!
AND I owe you a phone call this week! You've been warned :)

Shawna said...

You are super mom Emily! Cant wait to have a date with our 'big-foot' girls :)

Anonymous said...

ok if you learn then I will..let me know what your first project will be. your a great mom! Miss ya and can't wait to see you when we come home!
Malyn