Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth...well almost!

My parents got tickets for the whole family to see "Disney on Ice!" on Saturday. Sophia woke up with a cold forming (runny nose, droopy eyes, sneezing, etc), but she did not want to miss out (sounds like her daddy and I) and was quite the trooper! We took the Kingston/Edmonds ferry. As you can see it was extremely windy and the boat was rockin.

We got to the Comcast Arena in Everett. I'd never been there before.
We got there quite early so we were able to walk around and get our seats. They were selling so many light-up souvenirs, water bottles, food, etc, but it was expensive. Aunt Mindy and Aunt Christine were smart and brought glow in the dark necklaces to share and wave around. We were only 5 rows back! Perfect Seats!

I wasn't quite sure how Sophia would do, but she was ready for the show and ended up loving it...what kid wouldn't?!
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse introduced the show with their friends Goofy and Donald Duck!
First up was CARS! All the cars were very cool and a great way to start the show! TJ wants the job of driving them:)
The gang was all there (there is a lot of pictures, but I couldn't leave anybody out):



Next up was Little Mermaid...Under da Sea...
Kiss da girl!
Then, Lion King
Rafiki (spelling?)
Daddy and Simba trying to get out of the stampede...
One of my favorites...Timon and Pumba (can you imagine ice skating on all 4s?)
Intermission: Great time to change Sophia's diaper. I thought I scored because I found a "family bathroom" with no line and no one in it! yeah! Except..what family bathroom doesn't have a changing table in it???
Sophia needed to visit Gamma and read the program during the break.
Finally, Tinkerbell and the other Fairies. This was probably my least favorite, but I'm sure all the little girls loved it:) I guess I'm not up on all my fairies. Mickey and Minnie came back out to close the show...Lots of Fun!
After the show we headed for the Old Spaghetti Factory in Alderwood. It was going to be an hour and a half way, so my smart hubby called Tacoma's Spaghetti Factory and put our names on the list. So, we got back in the car and headed for Tacoma. We arrived and our table was ready for us 5 minutes later...Good thinkin' hubby!

If you ask Sophia what she wants for breakfast, lunch, or dinner she almost always says, "Noodles!" So she was diggin' dinner...YUMMY brown butter with mazithra cheese!
Classic Lady and the Tramp...Sophia thought it was hilarious and wanted to continue to do it. Probably not the best table manners!
Slurp...KISS!
We didn't make it back home until 10:30pm. It was a full day filled with good company and lots of fun:)!

7 comments:

Calley said...

Ahhh! I wish we would've gone! We were all set to go with friends...then I bailed at the last minute...dangit! It looks like you guys had a blast. And you are diehards, to drive around to go back home?! Maybe I've just gotten lazy? Summer is in love with these pictures, so thanks for posting so many :)

KariMarie said...

I don't think there could ever be too many photos posted. I love pictures. Anyway, it did look like fun! Maybe we'll have to try it one year.

Tiffani said...

I am so jealous! It looks like such a blast. What a fun day with all of the cousins!

cindy said...

Darn it, I was going to get tickets about a month ago, and then got sidetracked and forgot. That looked SO fun! I love your Lady and the Tramp spaghetti pictures. What a great day!

Mike & Malynda said...

Looks like a blast. I have feeling your ready to head to Disney :). Glad Sophia was good enough to go b/c that would had been sad. Loved the pictures!

The Frandsens said...

What a fun night! We will defnitely have to try that sometime.....little sophia just keeps getting cuter!

Robins Fam said...

Super fun! Love all the pics!