Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good Friends

SURPRISE!!! My roommates from college, MaryAnn and Jason (from Alaska) were visiting for the weekend, so we met up with them. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and had a 30 minute wait so we hung out outside. Sophia was hanging on the hand rail when an older man asked me if she could have a "college dollar." I wasn't quite sure what he meant so I didn't know what to say, but he handed her the dollar. He explained that he likes to start kids out on saving for college, so he passes out 4-5 dollars a week and calls them "college dollars." He was a retired teacher and values education. What a neat man and neat experience!!! We are putting that dollar in her bank and definitely saving it!
After dinner we went bowling. Last time we went bowling they didn't have shoes Sophia's size, but check them out now! She thought she was pretty cool!
This was the first time Sophia met MaryAnn and took to her quite quickly.
Sophia loved her orange ball and bowled 2 games by herself. Sophia liked MaryAnn's help! Check-out our shoes!
Even though I haven't seen MaryAnn in a long time, I love it how we pick up like it was yesterday. Here I am living up to my nickname, "Midget."
Group photo...Thanks for spending time with us Jason and MaryAnn...We miss you already!

2 comments:

The Frandsens said...

The college dollar is really neat, what a great idea. I do love her shoes, and how fun that you were able to meet up with your friends!

Mike Skiff said...

Looks like fun! The dollar idea is very cool! Sophia looks so old! Can't wait to see you soon!