Friday, August 20, 2010

SURPRISE!!!

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN ME RECENTLY, I HAVE NOT EATEN TOO MANY DONUTS THIS SUMMER...
WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #2!!!
With Sophia I was telling everyone at 8 weeks that I was pregnant, but have been a little slower to announce this pregnancy for no particular reason, but it's been kind of fun. Here are some funny things Sophia has said through my pregnancy so far:
* "Mommy, you tummy is getting big!"
* "Can I touch the baby?!" (as she pets my stomach)
* As I'm eating, "Mommy does the baby like those chips?"
* Sophia put her hands on my boobs and said, "Is the baby in there?" haha. I explained where the baby was, so she put her finger in my belly button!
* Sophia was eating gummy bears and TJ and I asked if we could have some. She shared with us with no problem, so TJ asked if she was going to be a good sharer with the baby. Sophia said, "NO!" TJ and I looked at each other surprisingly and 1 minute later Sophia responded with, "The baby can't have gummy bears, it doesn't have teeth!" (Thought that was cleaver!)
CURRENT STATS:
1. 16 weeks along
2. Due Feb. 12th
3. Just getting over the throwing up 5 times/day
4. Have to eat all the time. I cannot miss a meal or else!
5. Stomach growing rapidly. Everyone says you get bigger faster with the 2nd one and I believe it:)
6. Cannot handle the smell of BBQ. Unlike with Sophia, red meat does not sound good to me.
7. Night time I feel VERY gross.
8. Can't believe we get to find out the sex at the end of Sept. already:)!

7 comments:

Mama Megs said...

When I read that on Facebook I was shocked for some reason!! Congrats-you'll love having two. It's seriously so much fun. And you guys make super cute babies :)
Can we get together in October sometime? I'm coming up for the month with the kids (I'm crazy I know) I'd love to see ya!

Tiffani said...

yay!!! Congrats. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl.

cindy said...

Congratulations!! You really have kept this a secret, and no, you don't look like you've eaten too many donuts! So exciting!

Mike & Malynda said...

Woohoo! So excited for you guys (I know I have told you that a million times). I think you could had gone longer and no one would had started to wonder!

KariMarie said...

Very exciting! Congrats!!!

The Frandsens said...

Woohoo! So excited for you guys. I also can't wait to find out. Sorry you were so sick!

Gaidelis-Langer Family said...

Congratulations Emily!! YAY!! Glad you are feeling better!