Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's that time of year again...FAIR time!

Summer would not be the same if we didn't end it with the Kitsap County Fair! Friday was our fair day and we got there about 1:00pm and got home about 11:30pm (that was with the Rodeo too). We started off going through the Pavilion to look around and get some free candy and trinkets and then we made it to the outside booths.
 And then it was ride time! Kenton and Sophia had so much fun, especially because most of their cousins were there. 
 This might be one of my favorite pictures. I got the 4 cousins together in 1 shot and they all have great facial expressions. Mollie and Quincy are in the 2nd cart and my kids are right behind them! True joy right there:)
 The slide was Kenton's favorite. After getting off, he was immediately say, "nen (again)" every time. They probably went on the slide a good 10 times throughout the day. This picture was taken the first time they went down. Quickly after that he wanted to go down by himself on his own mat and he climbed up those steep stairs and did just that!!!
 TJ had to try a deep fried something this year. So...he picked a deep fried Oreo. It was okay...nothing to rant and rave about though. 
 Okay, if any of you know my kids, they are seriously afraid of fish in a fish tank. Okay, maybe not that bad, but close. Sophia is getting tons better and rode the horse last year, so she definitely wanted to do it again. She used her own money to give herself a ride. She looked like a pro and got to pick the horse she rode on.
 Although Sophia is getting better, Kenton is still unsure. He usually likes animals, but from a distance or when someone is holding him, so this was a BIG deal! After Sophia went on Kenton said, "Mom, me turn?" I thought...NO WAY! He reassured me he wanted a ride. I asked the man working if I could put him on a horse before I paid him because I thought for sure he would FREAK the minute he put his leg over. Waiting for the whimper, waiting, waiting...No cry, no whimper, no scream...and there Kenton is sitting on the horse and petting it! SAY WHAT?! So I paid the man and around he went. I walked beside him for the first circle just to make sure he was okay once they started moving, but then he didn't need me!
After our healthy (haha) and scrumptious dinner, we headed off to the Rodeo with family and friends and had to do some ride favorites just 1 last time afterwards, or maybe just more than once! Thank you Kitsap Fair for treating us well, yet again! See you next year:)

No comments: