Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our last 4 days off of work together...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

TJ was bummed that he didn't go play football with the guys. It was the first time in like 10 years that he didn't play on Thanksgiving morning, so he played some football on his PlayStation with Sophia. We went to TJ's parents house about 1:30pm and had Thanksgiving with his Dad's side. It was nice because they hadn't seen Sophia is a while. She was a little sensitive with all the people. Then, we went to my parent's house at 4:30pm and ate again. It was really quiet, which is weird because it was my brother's off year. Sophia did all her tricks and entertained my Grandma. She loved the mashed potatoes and rolls. By the end of the day we were all stuffed and ready to roll around.




Friday morning shopping itinerary for my Dad, TJ, and I (it's a tradition)!:

-Woke-up at 3:00am.

-Left my parent's house at 3:30am

-Arrived at JCPenney's at 3:45am

-Entered JCPenney's at 4:00am and grabbed what we wanted (my dad was very excited about his Belgian waffle maker-those actually went fast).

-Left JCPenney's at 4:30am and sped off to Walmart.

-Arrived at Walmart at 4:45am. The parking lot looked okay, but the line kept going and going. It went clear to the back of the store and looped back to the front. My dad and I were good and waited in line, but TJ hung around and "merged" in the line when the doors opened (doors opened at 5am)....don't you want to attack people like him, haha. TJ had everything grabbed by the time we got in. We got Sophia a couple of Christmas and Birthday toys!

-Left Walmart by 5:45am and headed to Target.

-Doors opened at 6am and we walked right in. We got some games/DVD's and some other stuff. Target was the most controlled and organized. We didn't even have to wait in line to check out!

-Left Target at 6:40am and went to Home Depot. My dad got his yearly tool collection and we tried to get a fake tree for my brother but they were out.

-Left Home Depot and headed to Sears and other places in the mall.

-We then left the mall and made our way quickly to Lowes (the new one in Silverdale) and Circuit City.

-Our last destination was Fred Meyer and Kmart. I am now reminded why I never go to Kmart...it was a mess and smelled bad, haha!!!

-Time! We were done by 10:25am with 9 stores hit!!! SUCCESS!!!


EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

This was one of our early morning purchases at Walmart. It was only $10 and we couldn't wait to give it to Sophia because we knew she would use it now, so it was an early Christmas present. We wrapped it up and when Sophia took the first rip she said "uh-oh!" We thought that was funny. By the look on her face she was excited for a new toy!





Watch out now...Baby on the move...She cruises all over the place and needs no help. She gets mad when she runs into things because she doesn't have the steering down quite yet...This was a great purchase!

OFF TO GET OUR TREE....


After our crazy shopping in the morning we went to cut down our Christmas tree at Bacon's tree farm. It is out towards Belfair. We went with Grandma, Auntie T, Auntie Christine, and cousin Lauren and Tyler. Sophia wasn't too sure about all the trees at first, but then she warmed up and did a lot of "whoa" talking.


We finally found our tree. I am super picky, so we were the last ones to cut one down, but it was worth all the searching. Our tree is 7 ft tall (the biggest tree we've had so far)!



Sophia found her tree...just her size!


TTTTIIIIMMMMBBBBEEEERRRR! TJ was in charge of the saw and cut down 3 different trees.
There our tree goes through the machine to wrap it up, so it's ready for its travel home.

3 comments:

Malynda Skiff said...

Wow...you got up way to early!!! I had no energy to go out and shop. Sophia is way to cute walking. Your Kmart comment cracks me up! Mike wanted to get something there this weekend and I told him I was not going in for that same reason :).

Shawna said...

Malynda Skiff!! Ahhh I love reading people's blogs and finding people ;)
And Emily you are a trooper! I can't believe you guys do all that. Hard core!
I love the toy you found for Sophia. What a little toddler! Our girls are growing too fast...

Calley said...

You weren't lying about being a die hard on black Friday! I am impressed. I pretty much passed out after only going to 4 stores with Tyson's sisters. Those girls can sure work a store! Too much browsing for socks at Fred Meyer or something. And I just can't believe how big Sophia is. And I'll have you know that Summer talks about her (I'm prepping her for the day they meet, as she is in love with babies besides Abby of course).