Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter morning was kind of rushed because we had 9 o'clock church...look what the Easter bunny brought them!
Out of everything in Kenton's basket, he was excited the most about his puffs! Sophia loves these too and they go through a can in like 15 minutes, so the Easter bunny brought her a can of her own, which she thought was pretty cool.

After the baskets came the Easter egg hunt. They had 30 eggs to find and the Easter bunny even knew Sophia liked Hello Kitty...what a surprise!

She had to search all around and even up high.

There were a couple obvious eggs on the floor for Kenton, but he cared more about eating his puffs. What a delicious breakfast:)

Sophia had fun checking out what was in her eggs. She had stamps, money, candy, matchbox car, etc. The Easter bunny was also quite cleaver and placed 3 eggs inside each other.

Kenton took a breather from his puffs and checked out an egg.

It's a tradition that we crack our eggs on our head. Because of early church, we had an amazing breakfast of Eggos, hard boiled egg, and juice.

After church I tried to get some cute pictures of them in their Easter outfits, but that was a hard task with Kenton. He just was loving being outside and wanted nothing to do with a picture.

Miss Sophia didn't have a problem posing, but had candy stuffed in her mouth already, hence the closed mouth smile. I love (and hate) Sophia's opinion sometimes. She was very picky about her Easter dress this year. I tried to talk her in to a couple, but she did not go for it, until she saw the lovely yellow skirt and sweater at Target. I wasn't in love with it, but after she put it on, I fell in love with it. She has good taste!

Here are my yellow kids. This was the best picture I could get of them together!


We headed to TJ's aunt's house to have Easter lunch with them. Kylie and Savannah both have powerwheels that Sophia had fun with. Savannah and Kylie can whip their cars around and parallel park with one hand they are so good! Sophia took a turn to drive and ran off the curb and into a little garden fence. She got better but I know now that I WILL NOT be teaching her how to drive at 16....scary!

The day was not over...We ended our day at my families house for more goodies and dinner. The kids got to have another little egg hunt and got baskets full of fun things there too:)

We had a lesson with Sophia about the true meaning of Easter and I was extremely blessed by it. We put eggs together with scriptures and objects that represent the words. The simple lesson reminded me of how grateful I am for my Savior. He was truly perfect and he paved the way for us through his resurrection.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

To bad we missed seeing you guys. Hope the kids liked there goodies from us!