Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break Baby!

Spring break always seems to come at a perfect time. My second graders were tired, my own kids were tired, and I was tired of the constant going. We didn't have anything big planned, but we made sure we did something fun everyday! We slept in everyday, well Sophia did, watched cartoons, and ate breakfast at home with leisure, which is something we don't get to do during the school week. Our spring break was perfect for us. This is what we did...
MONDAY- Grocery Shopping (which was way overdue!) and played at the park by our house in the SUN (yes...SUN)!
TUESDAY- Made a fort in the morning and played at the new play place for kids in town. It was great because parents can play too for free and the admission is good for all day.


Kenton cooked

Drove the truck

And hung out in the ball area. This is where we were the majority of our time.

The bounce house was fun. Sophia loved following her cousin Tyler around. The question of the day was, "Mom where's Tyler?" It's good because he gets her to try new things when she's scared.

Kenton liked the bounce house as long as I was with him. He thought he was pretty cool jumpin like the big kids.

The big slide was my favorite. Kenton seemed to like it too. He was serious until he got to the bottom and then smiled.

Here are the girls going down the slide. The kids got tricky with how they went down as long as they were feet first.

We left to have naps, but then took TJ back when he got off work so he could play with us some more. After that was Blueberry icecream:)

WEDNESDAY- Played outside in the SUN (yes I did say there was sun again:)). We did a practice Easter egg hunt outside and got out many toys to play with. Sophia even thanked me for letting her play outside. Can you tell we have been outside deprived? Later that night Nama babysat and TJ and I went out on a date:)!

THURSDAY- Spagettie Factory for lunch and then the Children's Musuem in Tacoma. Did you know it is run by donations? I haven't been there since they moved locations. Now it's bigger and has a range of activities for the different ages. Peddling this bike made the wings flap above her.


The water was a hit for everyone. Kenton looked so cute in the blue apron, but it was big so I eventually just let him go for it.



Yup, more balls. Are you seeing a trend with this guy?! Balls are seriously his favorite:) I was very grateful "Teen" was with us because she followed Sophia and Tyler around, I followed Kenton around, and Lauren checked in here and there. It was quite the busy place at first, but then died down. It was neat and way better than it was before!

FRIDAY- BBQ at my brother's house with my side of the family. We ate yummy food and dyed easter eggs. Kenton kept trying to eat his, which was cracking me up.

Can you see his excitement that he has a crayon. He was watching all the other kids do it, so he wanted to keep up. Now he's concentrating


Sophia was into it too of course. She had 11 to dye (I cracked 1) and made sure that she did an egg for all of us.



And here are her final products.

SATURDAY- Easter egg hunt at the base. Best part...it's FREE:) It's a great event!!! (Did you notice it was sunny again?)

We checked in and then got the kids baskets. They also got to pick lots of prizes from the tables. The prize tables were organized into age groups so the prizes matched the age interest. And I have to say there were some good toys too. Everything from stuffed animals, bubble wands, sippy cups, activity books, etc.

Kenton's age group went first. He kept trying to go before it was time. He was telling daddy that the eggs were out there and that he was ready to go!

TJ put him down when it was time and he was off. He just started walking really fast through the eggs.

TJ showed him what to do and then he got the hang of it. I was really impressed that he got so in to it:)

Here is Miss Sophia ready for her turn. Check out all those eggs behind her.

The amount of people around her made her a little nervous, so she asked if I could walk with her. I said of course, especially because I wanted to take pictures and there were a lot of people. She was a pro and filled her basket up!

They had to check out their eggs and see what they got inside. They got stickers, tatoos, and candy.

After that we went to their cousins 1st birthday party and ended our day with the true meaning of Easter lesson. Tomorrow is Easter, which means the next day after that is school/work. (Insert whine here). I am trying to spare you the whining from me, but I just love my time with my kids. I truly appreciate it and feel blessed to have had a great week. The count down to summer is definately on!

1 comment:

Betsy B. said...

What a fun week!! Where is that indoor play place? We'll have to check it out when we get back.