Thursday, August 2, 2012

Woodland Park Zoo

Sophia and I made a summer bucket list and one of the things on it was to go to the zoo. I was telling my Aunt Sarah about it and she said that she was a zoo member and could get free admission tickets to the Woodland Park Zoo. Of course we were excited about that, so last Saturday we spent the day with my Aunt at the zoo. It was a perfect zoo day, not to hot, not to cold. So bare with me through these pictures (someone needs to show me how to collage on the computer) and enjoy the animals:
This was the first thing we saw when we got in the zoo...it made me laugh!
Hippos. As we were looking at them a zoo keeper came by and told us that because they look like rocks, some people step on them and then the hippo can bite them and  can really hurt the people, etc, etc. All I was thinking was, "Don't scare my children!"
One of my favorite!
Lion
Kenton did not like the statue...he thought it was real! I found it very entertaining:)
Another one of my favorites. This guy was flinging dirt on himself.
Sophia and Aunt Sarah
These guys were hilarious. They had these mesh sacks that they played in and hid in. He peeked about to say hello and then went back in...so funny.
Here are some more cute monkeys;)
Big brown bear...He was in a pacing mood.
Holy cow...I would seriously not like to run into him. Totally out numbered.

Check that rack out!
TJ tried putting Kenton on a horse but he would not have it...He was much happier sitting.
Aunt Sarah and Sophia rode together
I told you! He is not a fan. SO FUNNY (Sophia was the same way at his age).
Penguins!
This bear was a little funky. I think he needs a make-over.
Kenton took a little snooze
I think the flamingos and the birds were Kenton's favorite.  Of course he liked all the animals from a distance.
This was more his style...Driving the tractor!

 Thank you Aunt Sarah for the fun day at the zoo! We can officially check that off our summer bucket list!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was a fun day!! Great pictures!