Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stitches

On Monday, Mr. Kenton had to get 5 stitches in his chin. I got the call when I was teaching from his teacher saying, "I think Kenton might need stitches!" Oh great is what I thought. This is how the story goes: Kenton was running outside on the pavement and fell (which is nothing new...we call him twinkle toes) and Sophia was running right behind him. She tripped and fell on top of him. When I tell people what happened Sophia wants me to leave that part out because she feels bad. Anyway, Kenton cried but not for very long and I guess it didn't bleed that much either. He was up and running around after it. His teacher wasn't totally sure, but had a good feeling that stitches needed to happen. I called TJ and he came to pick him up and sure enough....5 stitches! I am so glad that TJ took him because he said that I probably could not have handled watching them put the hook in his chin, which is SO true.  They came to my classroom afterwards and it was like nothing happened, except for the band-aid on his chin. He was climbing on chairs and benches in my room and was quite proud. They put nylon stitches in, not dissoluble and so he got them taken out on Saturday. All we have to do is make sure that we keep Polysporin on it for scarring. I hate that this happened to him, but love that it didn't slow him down! He officially did something first before his big sister! 


YUCK! Now they are out and it looks much better!

No comments: