Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Festival

I like to make my kids Halloween costume so we started talking about Halloween last month. At first Sophia said she wanted to be Spiderman. I said that we could make a red tutu to make it a little more girly and she said, "Uhhhh mom, Spiderman doesn't wear a tutu, that would be Spidergirl!" The day after that she thought of EXACTLY what she wanted to be with no help from me and it was JESSIE from Toy Story and Kenton would be WOODY! My girl is so cleaver and might I say she makes a pretty darn good Jessie! I cut out the pattern for her chaps, my mom sewed them (thank you, thank you), and then I made the rest. Tonight was my school's Fall Festival so we got to try out the costumes:)!

 I didn't want to spend a lot of Kenton's cowboy boots, but they are expensive. My mom found the PERFECT Woody slippers. The only pair for $10 at Walmart in his size...good find mom:) While the boot slippers are adorable but you would have thought we were killing him when we put them on. He threw a fit so I had to get a picture of it!
 He starting getting used to them, but had to have his "dough" (aka binky) for awhile for comfort.

We got to my school and bought tickets to set out for some fun!
 The kid's preschool teacher (Mario) does the cake walk every year, so of course Sophia had to check it out. And guess what...she won! Thank you Ms. Shelby for rigging it for her to win:) She picked out a red velvet cake...good choice!
 Then is was dancing time
 And digging for candy
 My good friend who is also a teacher signed up to have wet sponges thrown at her..what a good sport!
 The library had the Book Fair set up, so Kenton made himself comfy and started reading.
 Golf time and he even made it in the hole:)
 This was funny and was called "Ghost Poop". You had to put a marshmallow between your legs and jump to the bucket and then let it go. I had to do this first before Sophia would try it, but she did it:)
Fall Festival was so much fun and as a matter of fact Sophia said she had the best, best, best time:) It is crazy to think that next year when we go she will be an actual student there!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Emily those costumes are the cutest!! I love them. You have your mother's skills with the sewing. Your family is so beautiful and your kids are getting so big!!

Whittier said...

Looks like fun. The costumes are adorable. Nice work!