Sunday, March 15, 2015

Better Late Than Never...Christmas Letter

So I wrote our Christmas letter and even had them printed on cute Santa paper (visualize how cute here) but that is as far as they got. I thought I'd post it on our blog because I have been a slacker at putting anything on here and want to be better again...So here it is (remember this was written in December)...

Dear Family and Friends,

Merry Christmas! I absolutely love this time of year. The birth of our Savior, Christmas lights, music, goodies, and traditions don't hurt either!

Anyway, 2014 has been an emotional rollercoaster for us for two main reasons. The first, is that in April my dad was acting very unlike himself and discovered he had a brain tumor, then went through brain surgery and was diagnosed with stage 4 Glioblastoma. Phew...that's still hard to write or think about. He went through a round of radiation and chemotherapy and is now on a 5 day of chemo and 23 days off cycle. Eating is not his favorite thing and he still doesn't have all his energy, but sure does have his sense of humor:). The MRIs have shown no growth so far since the surgery which is quite a blessing. I pray that we will continue to get that news!!!

On the flip side to that news, is that we are expecting baby Brown #3 in April!!! We go through moments of, "What are we doing?" to super excited! We recently found out that we are having another boy and that is exactly what Sophia and Kenton both wanted. Of course we had a girl name picked out, but have no name for this little guy yet. Boy names are so hard! He is a movin' and a groovin' in my belly and we can't wait to meet this little guy and have him a part of our family!

Now on to Sophia and Kenton...Sophia will be 7 next month and is a big 1st grader. She is diggin' school and is a leader in her class. It's fun to have her on the same schedule as me so I get to see her at lunch and recess. She played T-ball for her last year (next year is fast pitch), tried water skiing for the first time this summer and got good at riding her two wheel bike. This fall she played soccer and what a difference from last year! She is currently playing basketball (her daddy is the coach) with all the girls from her soccer team so that's a fun group. And all she wants for Christmas is her 2 front teem (and she adds in wanting toys too):)!

Mr.Kenton boy is in the "I'm a big boy" stage and sometimes a little too much for his own good. He will be 4 in January. He is such a sweet and cuddly boy, but knows exactly how and when to push buttons too. Kenton is going to a new preschool this year with a lot more kids so it was quite the adjustment at first. He still doesn't want me to leave, but once I'm gone he does well. He loves to do what his sister is doing and loves anything sports, plains, trains, cars, etc. He asks every day when our baby is going to comes, so I can't wait to see him as a big brother!

TJ is still working at his same job and is still enjoying it. This summer he played softball of course and moved right into referring football. He reffed a lot of games and this year, but that paid off because he was asked to ref a high school state football game. Can you imagine his excitement? He got a pin and everything to make it official and I'm very proud of him. He is now coaching Sophia's basketball team which is primarily girls (super cute to watch) until February, will have a little break, and then start coaching baseball in the spring. This new baby will come out, get bundled up, packed up, and will be off to sporting events from the get go...

I love my family, I love my Savior who blesses me and my family daily and pray for a healthy and happy 2015 for all!!!

                                                                                    Love, The Browns