Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good Playing and Good Company

Still loving spring break (but it's going too fast)...
Today Grandma Uffens, Auntie Tracy, Auntie Christine, and all Sophia's cousins (on my side) went to the Children's Museum in Tacoma. Sophia loved it because she got to roam and I loved it because I got to let her roam. It had the vegetable garden, market, and art center, but had a Native American theme at the other stations. The biggest surprise was when I turned and saw Shawna and Darby walking in! The girls played together as much as 1 year olds do (an occasional pass the toy and follow each other), but they did it very nicely. It was fun having the girls together and makes me want to do it more often!

Going fishing
In this cave you got to change the sunset lighting...Sophia just liked walking in and out of it.

Now she's shopping for fruit and vegetables. I tried not to think about how many mouths have been on that fruit...it's good for her immune system right?!

Ohhhh this was a highlight...Picking apples from the apple tree. She picked them all off and brought them to me.

Attempting to share a sandwich with Darby
As the little kids took all the vegetables...Ethan and Lauren were busy organizing all of them. Lauren got annoyed that Sophia kept taking them, haha! Gotta love younger cousins!
If this is not a concentrated look...mouth open...focus...and color. Grandma let her have markers. She was in heaven and feeling like a big girl!
Row, row, row your boat...
You should have seen Shawna and I trying to get both the girls to look at us at the same time. That's a challenge and you can see I was not very successful, but it's still cute!
Peek-a-boo
We were sad to leave Shawna and Darby, but after we played we were hungry. We ate lunch at the Spaghetti Factory..mmm mmm good.

And this says it all...WE PLAYED HARD!

3 comments:

Calley said...

SO fun. I love those childrens museums! Now I'll have to try this one. And pretty much that last picture is my favorite :)
Glad you guys had fun!

Mama Megs said...

I'm so jealous that you get to hang out with your family and friends from home....I want to move home so bad! The crime here is scary :0 We're coming to Washington (yes Devin too...first time in 4 years!) so we'll have to try out that museum-it looks like such fun! There's nothing like that here...bummer :)

Shawna said...

Fun times with the anti-social 1 yr olds!! Woooo! ;) haha!
'Darby, Sophia, look at the cameraaaaaa!'