Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Splish Splash

Last night Sophia and I were wandering around and getting things ready for the next day. I watched Sophia go into the bathroom, so I did a quick mommy check..."toilet seat down, check...hair dryer/straightener out of reach, check...shower curtain closed, check" and then went on my way. I was in Sophia's room when I heard "splish, splash!" At first I thought it was the sink water, but then I thought "oh no, she can't reach the sink!"...Sure enough, Sophia got the toilet lid up and was having fun splashing in the toilet...thank goodness for flushing! I greeted her with "oh, we don't play in the toilet, it's yucky," as she is looking at me with a big grin and clearly proud of herself. We immediately washed her hands. So lesson learned, "bathroom door closed, check!" (until she figures out how to open the door, hahaha).

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Darby does the same thing! We have to keep the door closed, too. I guess we should have a big toilet party for our girls or something. Who knows, maybe they will be potty trained early!?!?

The Frandsens said...

Haha...have to love that! She is just too smart!