Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Fun

You know me...Lover of crafts! My mom saw a similar sign at Michael's, so she copied it and I thought it was adorable, so I made one too. THANK YOU MY CRICUIT!!!
(If anyone doesn't have one and likes scrapbooking/crafts you NEED to get one...well worth the money)
It's easy to get caught up in all the festivities of Easter, which is why I made my sign say, "HE IS RISEN," so every time I walk by it, I remember the true meaning. I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and that we can live with him again because of the sacrifice he made for us!
Sophia only cracked 4 eggs in the dying process, ha! She chose pink for her egg.
Nate and Mindy had the idea of meeting at my parents house to have an egg dying party and dinner. The Uffens kids know how to decorate! There was everything from Star Wars, multi-colors, designs, and stickers eggs.
Tonight we had to get ready for the Easter Bunny, so Sophia put out her eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide and some carrots for a snack (And a snack for her too).
We also blew up the air mattress and watched "The First Easter Rabbit" movie. Can't beat snuggle time with the family:)
The Easter Bunny is all ready! I sewed the liners to our baskets. Mine is flip-flops, TJ's is baseball, and Sophia's is polka dots for now. I like have my baskets look the same, but thought it would be fun to pick material to match what we love. That way when we have more kids down the road I can make more!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

So fun!

Mike Skiff said...

Oh your so creative! Love the baskets! 5 days until we get to see you ;). Happy Easter!

Tiffani said...

Ok, I'm way impressed with the sewing of the liners for the baskets. You are oh so talented. It was so fun to see you this week.
Happy Easter!