Friday, April 9, 2010

Thank You Lacey!

TJ and I have been looking for a swing set for Sophia for awhile because she loves swings and we thought with summer around the corner it would be a good idea. We were thinking of spending around $100 for a wood one so it wouldn't rust. Our criteria was a swing and a little slide, nothing fancy because our backyard does not have a ton of space. Well, after much research we found that was nearly impossible. We got really excited when we saw one on the Internet for $200. Yes, still more than we wanted to spend, but it was a wood kit that came with a bumpy slide and 2 swings. Yes, hit the jackpot! I clicked on the image, read the reviews and quickly realized that the swing-set included ONLY the swings and hardware. WHAT THE HECK? We would have to buy the wood and slide ourselves, which is another $200! That is crazy! We might settle for a metal one, but those are still more than $100. I don't know, I guess I have to feel lucky that I live very close to a cool park. We became much happier when my friend offered us this play house. She was tired of having it take up space and her boys never played with it. Inside there is a kitchen and little table. Boy are we going to have fun with this house (now bring on the sun)! Forget the swing-set, we get to play house, hehe...Thank you Lacey!!!
Isn't it cute!

1 comment:

Mama Megs said...

Um I'm totally jealous! We just spent a small fortune on toys for our backyard and yes, swing sets are the biggest rip off! We just got the cheapest one out there :) Lucky ducks you are!