Monday, May 10, 2010

Blessed to be a Mom

My Mother's Day was nice...nothing too fancy...pretty quiet, but just what I needed. It seems like it has been go, go, go lately or working on homework for my teaching certificate, so a nice calm day was PERFECT.
I wanted to get a picture with Sophia and I on Mother's Day (of course)! It's going to look like I am very conceded because there are many pictures of Sophia and I, but she was in the posing mood so I went with it! This one is my favorite...




For dinner we went over to my parent's house and the guys were in charge. Usually my brother is there to help, but he was with his in-laws, so it was up to my Dad and TJ. This is a classic picture of what happens when guys cook dinner with the TV on.....hmmmm I wonder what they're focusing on;)
Then Sophia got them back to focusing on what was really important...DINNER! They made shoosh-ka-bobs (phonetic spelling?), fresh fruit, and bread. It was SOOO good!

TJ helped Sophia make my mom and I a "Peek-a boo" craft with her hand print. TJ did this all by himself...I think my craftiness is rubbing off on him and I like it:)

I have been looking for a nice umbrella stroller for awhile and my parents surprised me with one! What was funny is that TJ was going to get me the same thing, but wanted me to look at it before he bought it:) Great minds think alike!

Great day to be reminded how blessed I am to be a MOM!

2 comments:

Mike & Malynda said...

I love the pictures of you & Sophia. She is so cute. Love the crafts :). Happy moms day ;)
malyn

Shawna said...

HA! Love the one where you're sitting on Sophia's lap! And of TJ and your Dad cooking/watching tv! AND the thumbs up stroller pic. So many great ones :) Happy Mother's Day! You look amazing, by the way!