Saturday, May 15, 2010

Outside Day

Ethan's school had a 5K fund raiser, so my family signed up to support it!

When I give my students a fluency assessment, I have them read a passage to me for the first time and it is called their "cold" read...never seen it, never practiced. Well, this was my "cold" run for the year. I have been quite the slacker with running lately, so this was a good motivator to get me going again!!! Ethan ran with my dad and I the whole time:)

Here's the group before the race: Tracy, Christine, Dad, Mindy, Nate, and Ethan. My mom was the official babysitter of all the kids (except Ethan of course).

We all finished and got a ribbon and a coupon for a free Emerald Smoothie. After the race, I dragged Tracy, Mom, Lauren, and Sophia to Puyallup to cheer on TJ at his church softball tournament.#16 is my favorite player. Gotta love the baseball booty!

TJ got on base! Oh yeah! He played well, but the team lost 2 in a row. Then they had a 4 hour break and came back to win the championship game!

Today was such a fun day outside and in the sun. I had 2 firsts today for the year...running a 5K and having to put on sunscreen! There will be lots more of that hopefully!!!!

1 comment:

The Frandsens said...

This weather has been the best! Good job on the run, thats great that so many of you did it. And congrats to TJ for being the champs!