Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Day

The night before Easter we had a lesson on the true reason we celebrate Easter. My sis-n-law had a great kid movie that showed/explained the resurrection, which engaged Sophia and prompted her to ask questions! I love how she is trying to understand everything.

Now on to the Easter bunny stuff...Sophia woke up at 7:30 and came into my room. The first thing she said was, "Can we go down stairs to see if the Easter Bunny ate all the carrots?" And sure enough he did, except for some nibbles!

The Easter Bunny got Sophia Tangled and some other goodies and he almost forgot that I had another kid, hahaha. Notice the 1 toy in his basket (I know Kenton isn't aware, but Sophia would have wondered why he didn't get anything)!
This was Kenton being part of the Easter egg hunt at our house. The Easter Bunny hid an egg on his swing:)

Nama and Grandpa's House:

It's tradition in the morning to gather on my parent's bed and wait to see what the Easter bunny brought. It's so fun to experience "firsts" with Kenton. His first time on the bed! Doesn't he look so excited?!

Now the famous hallway picture. Sophia and Tyler are in the ready position and Kenton wanted a ride. Ready, set, go and they all ran down the hallway!

My family grew up with macrame (sp?) baskets and my mom made Kenton, Sophia, and TJ one this year to match! Grandma and Grandpa spoiled us once again.

All of our baskets with our loot. Notice Sophia checked hers out immediately! I think my mom is suggesting we get to work in our yard with the gardening stuff, ha! It needs it bad though!

We had an Easter egg hunt at my parents house too. They hide real eggs and the kids found all 36 eggs. We always put our names on 1 egg, so here is Sophia's egg.

And Kenton's egg


Once again...A very cute bunny!

After church we headed over to TJ's brother's house to celebrate with his Nana and family. It was nice to see everyone and eat yummy food. I had to get some pictures of our outfits. Our family one is at the top of our blog. Here are my boys with their matching ties. I love making ties because it's one thing I can sew all by myself:)

Sophia wanted to hold brother standing up...yah I couldn't let go all the way yet...

Isn't she lovely? She picked out the dress with her daddy and did a great job:)


We had a wonderful Easter with family and friends. I am very blessed to know that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that he was resurrected so that one day I can live with him again.

2 comments:

Betsy B. said...

I love your family picture! And those ties are just amazing. Seriously!

Shawna said...

Oh my goodness so cute! Nice ties Em! Im impressed :)