Monday, April 25, 2011

Pre-Easter Events

Ms. Shelby, Sophia's preschool teacher invited Sophia to come to their Easter egg hunt (Sophia isn't going there now since I'm on maternity leave). Each kid had a partner and Jackson was buddied up with Sophia. They held hands and waited for Ms. Shelby to say, "GO!" She was tricking them by saying, "Ready set...Bananas!" Once "GO" was said, they were off. Sophia was trying to follow the directions of staying with her buddy, but Jackson was off and running, so Sophia started crying. I explained that it was okay to let go of hands and find eggs. What can I say, she's a rule follower....at least at school, ha! She got over it real quick.

And she's off to find 12 eggs!
Checkin out their loot

After the hunt was play time!

Red light, Green light Easter bunny style

Next was EGG-STRAVAGANZA on Saturday on the base. And can I tell you that I loved, loved how nice it was! I didn't want the day to end! I even put a sun hat on my little white boy and he was adorable!

They had a table where kids could get a small Easter basket and fill it with all sort of goodies.

Check out how many eggs! Thank goodness the egg hunts were organized by age group, but it was still crazy. It was the parents who I wanted to attack because they were pushy, so I told TJ to take her on the hunt because I might take somebody out, ha!

Waiting for her time to go! And once again...it was so nice that we wore SUNGLASSES! It's the small things that excite me:)

Phew! She made it out alive! I think she was proud of the what she got.

Here is something she picked out at the table! Cutest bunny ever!

Next was... EGG DYING! Of course she dyed her eggs pink and purple.

She was the first one at the table ready to dye and the last one to leave.

Lots of fun...Ready for Easter!

No comments: