Saturday, October 15, 2011

Church Carnival

Introducing....MINNIE MOUSE!

On Friday we went to our church carnival, but we weren't totally prepared with the whole costume. Let me give you some background. Sophia is a girl who has an opinion with things, so I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween about a month ago and she said she didn't know. She thought about it and told me Minnie Mouse and brother could be Mickey. Super cute and good idea right? We went to JoAnn's and I pointed out red and white polka dot material and she said, "No mom, I want to be pink and white polka dot Minnie!" She even found the fabric. BUT...years ago my niece was Minnie and had saved the red and white polka dot costume. My sister-n-law brought it out. Sophia thought it was cute, but she still wanted to be pink and white Minnie. My mom tried to talk her into it and said that Minnie is not pink and white. Well, Miss Sophia found a picture of a pink and white Minnie and showed it to her grandma. SEE GRANDMA! How can you argue with that?! I love that she has an opinion about stuff like that because it makes it more fun.

Because our church carnival was early, I did not have "Pink and White" Minnie's dress finished. Even started for that matter, ha! So she was red and white Minnie and had fun.
Mickey's costume was not finished yet either, so he wore his ghost shirt to be in the Halloween spirit!


A little cake walk action! Sophia was a little nervous (notice the finger in her mouth) because she couldn't read all the numbers, but I told her I'd help her, so she did it until she won. Lucky #6!

Ring Toss

Basketball Action

There were more games: fishing, face painting (which I can't get her to do), football throwing, donut eating contest, obstacle course, etc. At every game she was able to win a prize and had fun putting them in her pumpkin.

STAY TUNED FOR PINK AND WHITE MINNIE MOUSE...

No comments: