Monday, March 12, 2012

Valentine's Day

(This post is a little late)

We had a Valentine making party the weekend before Valentine's Day. The one's for my second graders said, "You Won Me Over" with a gold medal. Thanks to Pinterest, Sophia chose the glow stick and said, "You make my heart glow." And Kenton's said, "You make my heart spin" with a top. I just absolutely love hand made Valentine's and these were quite easy!

Before we left for school, Sophia and TJ surprised me with 2 charms for my bracelet. 1 was red for Kenton's birthstone (I already have 1 for Sophia) and the other was a baseball to remind me of my hubby:)
First of all, TJ and I said we weren't going to get each other anything because we were going to Oklahoma at the 5th Avenue later in the month. I just did something dorky so it didn't count, but he did not listen. I got him his favorite donuts and said, "I donut know what I'd do without a hubby like you!"

We did the Valentine fairy tradition with the doorbell ditch at my parent's house. Sophia was so excited to see what she got.

Kenton had to check it out too.

All the kids have a pillow pet, so my parents got Kenton one, except they got him the fluffy bear. Mind you that Kenton is not a huge fan of stuffed animals so he was scared of it at first. It was rather entertaining watching him.

I always look forward to my dad's famous heart shaped oatmeal cookies. They are the BEST!

Kenton thought so too...



Lots of love at the Brown house!

No comments: