Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree...

We did our annual Christmas tree chopping at Bacon's Tree Farm. It generally takes me a quite awhile to find "THE" tree, but it was a little easier this year.
We always put a tissue to tag our possible picks so we know where to come back to, This was the first find and Sophia was placing the tissue, but in the end it didn't make the cut.

 Although I loved the first tree, this one was skinnier and would fit better in our living room, so TJ did the honors of cutting it down. It ended up being 9.5 ft tall and our ceilings are only 9ft, so we had to do some extra chopping.
 And of course the kids needed to help too...
 Look at that buff guy:)
 And TA-DA!!! The final product!
This is by far the year that both Sophia and Kenton got into decorating the tree the most. Again, the music blared and the ornaments were laid out. I love how each ornament has a memory and even Sophia started sharing what she knew about the ones she hung. Even Kenton stayed into it until the last ornament was hung. I think knowing that the train came next helped his motivation. He was cute and hung the ornaments off the light bulbs. I loved how Sophia's ornaments all ended up in the front. I kept telling her, "Remember to go all the way around the tree!" I'm not gonna lie, I did have to move some around!

Then, it was train time! I had one happy boy in this moment. He was so excited:)

 And Priceless...

1 comment:

Betsy B. said...

I love your train. That is awesome!