Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bike Ride

Need some exercise? Fresh air? Good scenic view? Today TJ, my brother Nate, and sis-n-law Christine, and I biked the Sequim to Port Angeles trail. We ended up doing 40 miles total (20 miles there/20 back) to get us ready for our tri-atholon. It is a beautiful trail with flat roads and varying hill heights. There were only 2 hills that were truly doosies that made us down shift...FEEL THE BURN! When we ended in Port Angeles they were having a sand castle building contest with lots of booths set up. The smell of fried food was very tempting, but we all settled for our scrumptious Powerbars...yum! Once we took a little rest we turned around to come back. As we all got back on our bikes we all said......"OOOUUUCCCHHH!" Yes, all our bootays were quite sore, but we made it! Coming back was much easier and we made better time. We want to go back and do it again soon, but next time I'll bring my camera! Any takers?

3 comments:

Calley said...

If you add a little adult car seat on the back of your bike, I'll totally go!

KariMarie said...

Good for you guys. When is this triathlon? I'd join ya, but my bike is out of commission. LOL

Mama Megs said...

You're crazy! Sophia and her diaper story was so funny! I love that stage :)