Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday Ethan

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!
We spent our 4th of July over at my parent's house because it was my nephew Ethan's 7th birthday. Here are the highlights of our day:
Sophia was festive in her red, white, and blue attire. Okay, it looked a little like a table cloth but it was still cute.
TJ and all the niece and nephews on the Uffens side (Nolan, Tyler, Ethan, and Lauren)
The weather was perfect for a little swim in the pool (good ol' 4ft pool)
Sophia calls this her boat
The famous 4th of July BBQ. Sophia always tries to eat corn on the cob, but always ends of spitting it out. This is the first time she actually eats it all. Maybe the corn holders excited her.
Ethan had a surprise soccer ball pinata. Sophia was excited about the bat, but not excited to hit the soccer ball. Instead she took a swing for her Aunt Christine's booty! Oops!
Happy Birthday Ethan! Lucky boy getting fireworks on his birthday. Can't believe he's 7 years old!
The Uffens gang is all here...waiting for it to get dark.
Sophia is a fan of fireworks! She would say "whoa!" when it was a loud one. My lap was taken, so she went back and forth from her chair to Aunt Christine and "Nama's" lap.
She looks mad here but she wasn't...She was clapping saying, "MORE!"
My lap was full with Ethan. Ethan has been my fireworks buddy since he was a baby. He would always have me cover his ears, but I guess when he turned 7, he didn't need that anymore. At least I still got him on my lap:)
Good ol' Mortars
I do not suggest this one..."Utter Chaos!" This one was neat when it was in the air, but not so neat when it came down and dented our car!
And that's all! Here's the damage...

1 comment:

Calley said...

Ain't no party like an Uffen's party...(hip hop music in the background) okay and that pool is pretty much calling my name or something!
Can we please just hang out already?! I'm excited for next week. And P.S. did Rachel Bean already come and go? Because she said we were all going to get together and hang out but if she left without a phone call so help me...