Monday, July 6, 2009

Poulsbo Fireworks

Poulsbo fireworks is a tradition every year on the 3rd!
We always sit in the same spot right up close and down by the water, but this year there was a security guard standing watch and told us that the port said it was a "restricted area" this year. TJ's response to that was..."the port is retarded!" haha..I love my hubby:) Not wanting to cause any more trouble we walked away to find another spot. All the grassy spots were full so we made the best of it and sat in the parking lot in the back. I asked, "are we going to be able to see the fireworks? Will the trees be in the way?" Everyone seemed to believe that the fireworks would be higher than the trees so I went with the flow...
TJ bought all the kids their own bag of Swedish Fish candy to keep them entertained before the fireworks. I think Jackson was afraid that someone was going to take his away. He was stuffing them in as fast as he could, then went on the hunt for more:)
My best friend Kimberly Ann met up with us and Miles and Mollie wanted to join us in the picture. They made it that much cuter!
The group is all here and ready for the show! (Mollie, Hollie, Miles, Kevin, Jackson, TJ, Sophia, and I, Kim, Mark, and a few strangers)
3, 2, 1, FIREWORKS!!!! Can you see anything???? No that's right...the TREE is in the way...Ahem...I think someone said something about that earlier. We all laughed and moved to see them!
We had to stand during the show. Sophia was a little nervous which is why she was chewing on her fingers, but warmed up quickly. She said "pretty!" "cool!"
ooooooooooo, ahhhhhhhhh
When we got in the car to go home I asked what firework was her favorite. She said, "the blue one!" (everything is blue).

No comments: