Friday, December 4, 2009

Birthday, Christmas tree, and more

Happy Birthday to me!
It seems like every year I get older it feels less and less like my birthday on my day, so TJ made sure that it felt like my birthday. He waited until I went to bed (stayed up till 1:30am) to decorate the house for me! Her are balloons on the stairway:
Every where I turned he had a "Happy Birthday" sign up. There were 7 total signs (so I wouldn't forget it was my birthday....clever hubby!)
TJ also covered our room and bathroom in balloons...Sophia loved it:)
Isn't it beautiful?! I always tease TJ about his wrapping job, so he really made my present beautiful, ha!
Since my birthday was on a week day, I had to work, bah! But we went out to dinner. I didn't want anything fancy and I was craving pizza and salad, so we (some of my family and TJ's parents) went to Spiro's! Tossed Green Salad...delicious! When we got home I opened the present and cards from TJ and Sophia.
I love my North Face jackets, but none of them have hoods, so TJ got me one with a hood...Perfect for Washington:)
Oh Christmas Tree!
We've had our tree for a week and it took us that long to finally get it all up and decorated...We love our tree! It is 91/2 feet tall (thank you vaulted sealing) and wonderful with lights, bubble lights, and train:)
TA-DA! TJ and I had to sit there in the dark with the tree lights on and admired it...(I know we're sappy, but that's what this time of year brings...love it)!
Did you know we had a puppy?
Sophia was interested in the tree, but not the whole time. As we were finishing up with the tree, I kept hearing the bathroom sink on. And this is what Sophia was doing...

She was being such a nice girl and giving water to her puppy! She put a little cup down with water and then poured it on the floor...we had drops of water from the bathroom to the family room. (Don't mind the mess in the video...I got knew organizers for my birthday too, so we were in the middle of sorting through toys...)


3 comments:

The Frandsens said...

Wow way to go TJ! It looks like you had a great birthday, besides having to work! Also, beautiful tree...and what a thoughtful little girl!

KariMarie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hubby scored major points, very thoughtful. The present was gorgeously wrapped too.

Tiffani said...

Happy Birthday! TJ needs to give Derek some lessons on how to celebrate birthdays. I am impressed! And your tree looks awesome. You've inspired me to get my stuff up.