Monday, December 21, 2009

Sophia's Preschool Christmas Program

All last week I was talking about Sophia's preschool program to her. We talked about how we watched her cousin sing and on Friday it would be her turn to sing, yadda, yadda. She would always reply, "No want to!" (even though she would practice at school). She is one to check things out first before jumping in, so I thought there was no way that she was going to sing in her program. She got to wear her Christmas dress, so we took some pictures before we left.
Another cute pose!
When we got there we started to eat, but then Ms. Shelby called for all the preschoolers to go with her to get dressed. TJ took her up and she followed Ms. Shelby (phew). The little guys were turkeys (they sang some turkey and Christmas songs). This is Sophia and buddy Jackson.

Towards the end she started chewing on her feathers.
After they performed they got a present from Ms. Shelby.
She got many books, pencil, and eraser and had to show it to Papa Brown (who is not of fan of singing programs, but he survived it).
They sang "12 Days of Christmas" (Ms. Shelby version). I'll just write the lyrics from 5.
"5 Star Listeners
4 Runny Noses
3 Temper Tantrums
2 Untied Shoes
And A day off so Ms. Shelby can sleep!"
Sophia's part was 4 runny noses...It was hilarious because she had such a low voice when she talked into the mic.
There was also Santa at her program, but Sophia is still not a fan up close, but likes him from a distance. I am very surprised and proud of my little girl for getting up and performing with her friends! What a fun time:)

6 comments:

Eric and Kristine said...

That was so cute! Love her outfit!

Tiffani said...

She is so cute! What a big girl.

Calley said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love her little poses with her Christmas dress. SO adorable!

The Frandsens said...

She looks so grown up! I am also very impressed, way to go Sophia!

cindy said...

Awww, she is so cute, and I love her Christmas dress! She's looking all grown up now! (Em, you gotta teach your mom how to comment on my blog)

Shawna said...

O.M.G. !!! I've said it before and I will say it again - she is a GENIUS! There is NO WAY Darby would have talked into a mic in front of people!! That was so CUTE! She is amazing Em! I love it :)