Friday, December 11, 2009

TJ's Baby

Let me give a little history first...Once upon a time there was this boy named TJ and a truck who were in love. This boy was SO excited about turning 16 so he could drive it. Until one day his mom made his dad sell it right before he turned 16, and the little boy, TJ has been bitter about it since! The truck had a new home with the boys uncle. Many years later TJ had to go to the dump, but had no truck, so he called 10 people to see if he could borrow their trucks and all of them were busy. TJ being frustrated thought about "his truck"and called his uncle inquiring about it. His uncle had sold it to a friend, who had sold it to a friend. TJ then proceeded to call this friend to ask about "his love." Sure enough, the friend wanted to sell the truck, so TJ got very excited and ran home to tell his family. TJ's wife, being very smart was a little hesitant about this 1968 Chevy truck because she knew TJ was not the mechanic. Finally, his wife saw how happy he was and said, "Merry Christmas" and TJ and his dad bought the truck together. After being worked on for many days, the truck made its way home a couple nights ago. The End.
Here are all the angles:



Okay I know what you're thinking...hahaha! I have been laughing about the truck and teasing TJ about it since he bought it. Mind you, 2 days ago was the first time I actually saw it. TJ comes driving up (I heard the growling from down the street) with a HUGE smile on his face. Once again, I am laughing! He turns off the truck to show me all its unique qualities (the lights were on because it was dark). 15 minutes goes by and his brother tries to start it up....nothing but a whining sound. TJ looks at me ( because he knows I'm ready with a comment) and I just laugh some more. The battery died with the lights being on, so it had to get jumped. I have yet to ride in it and know when that time comes I will need 2 coats because there is no heat, ear plugs because it's so loud, running shoes on in case it dies, etc, etc. haha! I love teasing TJ about "his truck!" Moral of the story: The truck is not my favorite thing, but my hubby is happy and excited about it = priceless!

5 comments:

Kim said...

EVERY part of this story is CLASSIC!!! LOL. Love it, love it, love it! :)

The Frandsens said...

Hahah...also love it! What a nice supportive wife you are!

Veronica Gaidelis said...

This is AWESOME...I love this story!! And especially all the things you'll need when you ride in it! ;)

Sarah said...

Do you have AAA??? If not better ask Santa for a card. : )

Sarah

Rachel said...

Great story :)

I love your family picture!