Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bye, bye crib...Hello big girl room

Sophia has never tried to climb out of her crib, but she has been ready to have a big girl room and bed. Since we are renting we decided to only paint one wall. Every time I asked Sophia what color she wanted to paint her room she would say, "PINK!" So, pink it is!!! She definitely wanted to be a helper...
TJ and I had the idea of adding another color, so it wasn't eye blinding pink. I love pink and green together!
TA-DA! We are quite proud of ourselves and love how it turned out!
Here she is...BIG GIRL!!! She is using the head/foot board I used when I was a kid (it's even older than that) and we bought her a new mattress. That green is the original green and is coming back. It works perfect in her room.
Proud girl! She has not had any hard transitions from her crib to her bed. Except there was one night when she got out of bed and walked half way down the stairs and fell asleep on the stair landing without us knowing until we went to bed late. It freaked us out! Then at 3:45am she woke up and needed a drink. She yelled for me and we found her downstairs with the lights on trying to get water. Such independence!!!
We are still slowly decorating her room. This is what I have up so far....more to come!

6 comments:

Tiffani said...

I really love the green border...can I hire you to come and paint at my house?! It looks so great. And I love the decor as well. Sophia is the cutest little thing and oh so smart. It's not surprising at all that she was ready for this big step!

KariMarie said...

Fabulous, I love it! You guys did a great job.

The Frandsens said...

That looks so cute! What a great idea to do the border around it. Also love the decorations. What a big girl!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom & I got those beds when I was about 4 or 5! They've been that color over 45 years! We had those beautiful green & red/pink flowered bed spreads. Nice, a 3 generation paint job!

You guys did great on the paint job. It looks really cute!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I have to correct the beds. They were painted green some 45 years ago, the bed frames are about 58 years old!!!!! : )
Sarah

Anonymous said...

love to join her, taking her little diaper off would feel amazing just knowing what pleasure is hiding underneath