Friday, July 16, 2010

Uffens Vacation

Clearly I have been on a blogging vacation because I forgot to rotate my pictures before uploading them...I must have forgotten how to do it j/k. Anyway, at the end of June most of my family went to be the "PITT CREW" in Coeur D'Alene, ID for the IRONMAN! Yes, my uncle Craig did it yet another year. It was a lot hotter this year which took a toll on the athletes, but he finished and we're all proud of him. We all got the Ironman symbol tattoo. If I were Craig and completed the Ironman 2 years in a row, I would get a real Ironman tattoo! Huge accomplishment!
We then headed to the campgrounds, "Little Diamond" and stayed in the lodge there. We did lots of swimming. I love these tubes because Sophia likes to swim all by herself and this is one way she can:)
All the kids jumping in...
More jumping...
At the border of Montana and Spokane there is a bike trail called "Hiawatha Trail" where you ride your bike through pitch black tunnels and over bridges. The first and longest tunnel was 1.7 miles. The tunnels are black and cold, so bike lights are very important. This is what we saw when we came out of the first tunnel.
Sophia loved riding with me. My niece said, "Emmy if you fall off your bike, then Sophia is going to crash too!" Thanks Lauren, just what I needed to hear. Thank goodness no crashes!
We enjoyed more of the campgrounds fun...pool, ping pong, golf, etc.
We ended the trip with SMORES!

Thanks mom and dad for a fun trip to start the summer off right!!!

1 comment:

KariMarie said...

Oh my goodness! You guys have so much fun!!!