Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby Boy's Room

Let me give you a little background on the whole crib set. We picked out an animal, primary colored material for Sophia's crib set, which my mom made. We had the whole animal decor, pictures, crib set from bumper pads, blankets, pillows, etc for this reason...WHAT IF WE HAD A BOY NEXT? And wa-la, we are having a boy...Well no problem because our crib set is uni-sex. That is what I thought would happen until TJ found out we were having a boy. Our spare bedroom was decorated with the baseball theme (TJ's love) already and so his brain started ticking. TJ said, "What if your mom made us a baseball crib set?" I immediately said, "No, that's why we did what we did with Sophia's!" TJ didn't take that answer and put a little birdie in my mom's ear. She found some baseball material that was perfect. The background color matched the walls perfectly and off my mom went. All I have to say is TJ is a spoiled brat!

So with a little rearranging of pictures and beautiful curtains and crib set, we have our little boys baseball room. I should have zoomed in on the fabric because it's really fun. It has old school baseball hats, bats, gloves, and pennants.

You'll notice the lovely baby sign from my shower...That will be replaced with a name plate once we decide his name: Easton Curtis? or Kenton Curtis? Curtis is TJ's middle name and Sophia has my middle name. Plus TJ is deciding how to do his name with baseballs.

The bassinet is also set up next to our bed. Nightly I wake up and see it and think, "oh man, it's getting more and more real everyday!" I've officially hit the antsy stage:)

3 comments:

Mike & Malynda said...

So cute! It makes me think I should get j room done before he is 1 ;).

Sarah said...

Baby boys room looks wonderful!! Nice job Mom & Grandma. But, for the record.....Aunt Sarah found the material when she was with the Grandma. I have to take a little credit. : ) But, Grandma gets the credit for sewing it up & making it look wonderful. That's something the Aunt could never do. LOL

Shawna said...

You are SO much better and preparing than me! Love this room!