Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Three and Filled With Glee!

This turned out to be the best day, not just because it is Sophia's birthday, but because my school was cancelled due to snow and I was able to spend the day with her and TJ had a 2 hour delay into work! THANK YOU SNOW:)
Sophia woke up to balloons in her room, which she remembered we did last year too.
Before TJ left Sophia opened her presents from us. She was sweet and asked why I didn't get any presents. I explained that today was her special day, but I thought that was cute!

The snow was perfect because I didn't have to go to work AND it didn't interfere with Sophia's day. For lunch we ventured out to Red Robin to use her free birthday meal coupon. She wanted the sundae, but not the singing that usually goes with it.

After Sophia took her nap, she came into my room and said, "I'm ready to go to Chuckie Cheese!" The top 2 choices for her birthday party was either Chuckie Cheese or Bowling. Chuckie Cheese made the final cut...

I usually like to make a cake that matches her birthday theme, but this year Sophia knew EXACTLY what she wanted and that was cupcakes. She wanted pink frosting with purple sprinkles for girls and orange frosting with blue sprinkles for boys. Oh, and a Starburst on top and I added the #3 on top.
Sophia had her cousins and best buddies from preschool come to help celebrate, so we had a total of 10 kids...perfect for Chuckie Cheese! All the kids ran around and had fun playing games. Here's Mollie driving away...

Time to eat pizza
Here are her preschool friends. I didn't get a picture of the Brown cousins because they ate so fast and were off to play.
Yes this is how she sat when it was time to sing "Happy Birthday!" hahaha. And she didn't blow out her candles, silly girl! Too much attention on her:) (so like me as a kid).
Opening presents...She got some very fun things.
This was the classic sketch picture from Chuckie Cheese, but I love the look it captured! This picture says, "I'm 3 and I know it!"
It is crazy to think that 3 years ago she came into our lives. It truly felt like yesterday and I replayed that day all day today! Sophia is very aware of what is around her, she picks things up quickly,and surprises us every day with the things she learns. We are truly blessed to have her in our family. Sophia is a fan of: singing songs (making them up lately), dancing (not when too many people are watching), writing her name/letters, playing games, macaroni and cheese, noodles, skipping, being a big girl, and much, much more. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE GIRL!!!
Side note: Our little guy is due exactly 1 month from today!

2 comments:

The Frandsens said...

I also can't believe it has been three years! Crazy! I am glad she had such a fun day, the snow day really was perfect!

Mike Skiff said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! I can't believe she is 3...it really went so fast! Baby boy brown....come soon ;)!
Malyn