Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

TJ's Father's Day started off Friday night when we surprised him with a ticket to play golf at the Washington National Golf Course with his brother, some golf balls, and a new golf outfit. They went Saturday, rain and all. TJ hadn't played for like a year, but he ended up winning...luck? or skill?

Sophia made her daddy breakfast in bed. We had to keep it simple because we had to go our new niece's baby blessing and we needed to be on time. Sophia made him peanut butter toast, half an apple, and some slices of cheese. She also picked out a card for him...notice it's Mader!
While he ate, he opened another gift from Sophia and Kenton. My mom found white ties you can paint on, so together we stamped the kids hands on it and then I painted the stripes. I thought it was a little corny, but it actually didn't turn out too bad and TJ loved it! He loves to dress up and looks good doing it!

This is the famous trick that TJ would do with Sophia when she was little. Kenton is actually a chicken when it comes to flying in the air, but he is starting to do "the trick" so TJ is very happy! Many moms/grandma's can't handle this trick and usually can't watch, but I love it! Check out Mr. Kenton's little man outfit too:)

After the baby blessing, we went to TJ's families house to eat brunch with his Dad. It was nice spending time with him and the boys put together his new BBQ. Time for nice weather now so we can go over and use it!!! Then we headed for my house to have dinner with my dad. It is always extremely hard to get my dad a gift because he doesn't open them and use them. He keeps them nice. For example, my mom found dress shirts in his closet, un-opened and she wrapped them up for Christmas and he was "ooooing and ahhing" over them and had no idea that they were from his closet (we were laughing so hard). Anyway, so what to get my Dad that he'll actually have to use? Hmmmm...He is a nut when it comes to sunscreen. He makes sure he won't get burnt, so he lather's it on thick all over his face and ALWAYS manages to get some in his eyes. Then he walks around squinting because it stings. SOOOOOOOO....as a joke, we got his some sunscreen and tanning goggles to put so he won't get it in his eyes!!!!


I am lucky to have a dad that has always loved me, supported me and provided for me no matter what.

I am lucky to have a father-n-law who raised a wonderful man with great father instincts.

I am lucky to have a husband who is amazing with our kids, who loves them and tells them that he loves them all day! TJ, you are the best and I don't know what I'd do without you! To infinity and beyond!

1 comment:

cindy said...

TJ is such a great dad, your kids will grow up having so much fun with him. And I had to laugh when you were talking about your dad and not using his presents,yet another thing he and Keith have in common! That's probably why they're such good friends!

Em, you HAVE to teach your mom how to comment on my blog . . . . pleeeeeeease!!!!!!!