Friday, August 12, 2011

6 MONTHS OLD!

When I posted Kenton's 5 month, I told time to slow down. Well guess what? It didn't!

Kenton is 6 months old!

He weighs: 17lbs, 13oz (50th %tile)

He is 27.5 inches long (75th %tile)

Although he is right on track he is one solid boy and everyone comments on how big he is!

Kenton loves playing with his sister and is really aware when she's around!
He also is starting to sit up on his own (only for 30 seconds or so). He likes to lean forward, but loves it more than being on his stomach.

He is a TOTAL mamma's boy and I'm not just saying that because I'm writing this. For example: my parents have 7 grandkids and have never had to call the parents to come home, until Kenton. Kenton was screaming so bad that my mom and dad had to tell us to come home. The second I took him he smiled and jumped up and down. Another example is when we had a softball game. 5 different people tried to console him and it didn't work until I finally took him. He's a stinker, but I love how he loves me!

During his 5th month, he also started watching me eat/drink. He tries to take anything I'm holding and dive bombs for the cups with his mouth wide open. He knows what to do!


Because he was opening his mouth when I used my fork and cup, I knew he was ready for rice cereal. About 5 1/2 months he ate rice cereal for the first time and thought he was hot stuff! We did rice cereal and oatmeal for a couple weeks and on his 6 month b-day he had sweet potatoes and loved them:)

Here is a summary of his 5th month:

* Watched me eat/drink

* First 4th of July

* Ate rice cereal for the 1st time

* Ate oatmeal for the 1st time

* First boat ride

* Got his 1st bottom right tooth

* One week later got his bottom left tooth

* Started splashing in the bath

* Started getting excited when sister and daddy were around

* Hates his stomach

* Loves to bounce up and down

We love our Kenton boy!

I am totally soaking up this month being with him until shhhhhh....don't say it!

1 comment:

Betsy B. said...

I can't get over how huge and happy his smile is. I love it!