Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fair Day

TJ and I are dorks because we LOVE the fair and it was such a nice warm day to go. Yesterday, it was free to get in before noon, so my sister, my kids, and I met Auntie Hollie and cousins there to enjoy the rides with their ride bracelets (TJ got an amazing deal on them) during the day and then come back with the dads for dinner. So, we got our bracelets and off we went.

It's fun to see Sophia's braveness (is that a word?) grow every year because last year she cried the whole time on this roller coaster and this time she loved it! (I barely fit and I was telling TJ about it and he said he wanted to go on it with her. I told him he wouldn't fit, but he didn't believe me. I belly laughed watching him trying to squeeze in. Picture Tommy boy, "Big guy in a little coat!" Well this was big guy in a little cart! hahahahha...I was right...didn't fit)!
I got a bracelet for myself because they make the parents pay to ride too, but it was nice for Sophia to have her cousins to ride with and not always me:) These 2 girls are becoming quite the friends:)

(oops, it didn't rotate) My sister came with us and was a help with Kenton. She would watch him while I went on the rides with the kids. Kenton was a trooper in the stroller and actually took a couple naps:)

The classic carousel. This is the one ride in the entire fair that parents can go on with no tickets!

Nana gave each kid $5 to spend at the fair, which was a great surprise and totally sweet. They were so hot that they took a break from rides. They all spent some of their money on a slushy to help cool them off!

This was the hot air balloon that they got to spin. Miles had Sophia cracking up during the whole ride. It was fun to watch!

Notice all 3 kids together, well there's 1 missing...

Jackson! He cracked us up because he wanted to ride by himself on every ride and would get mad if someone tried to go with him. He also wanted to ride on all the rides but was too small for some! Next year he's going to be all over it:)

Once again, last year Sophia was too scared to go down the slide, even with me. This year all the kids trucked up to the top with no problem. I double checked to see if Sophia wanted me to go down with her, but she said no. Here she is at the top. Mollie had gone down and started crying at the bottom, then the two boys came down and had no problem. It was Sophia's turn and looked like she liked it until she got to the bottom and started crying too! A little too fast!


The girls went on it again, but wanted me to go with them after their experience by themselves, ha! You do get some air on that last bump!

We had packed our lunch earlier, so we could go back with TJ to eat yummy fair food for dinner and ride more rides (we definitely got our moneys worth and more on these bracelets). Earlier in the day this ride wasn't running. It's one that takes you up high and then drops you. Jackson definitely wanted to go and we talked Sophia into it. Mollie said, "no way!" And adventually Miles went on too. I was explaining to Sophia that it will feel like butterflies in your stomach like when you go super high on a swing. I was trying to prep her because I wasn't sure how she would do. Well, she loved it and went like 4 times in a row! She said that one was her favorite...That's my girl:)

Sophia spent the rest of her money on a game and won a blow up hammer!

We stayed super late, but look who got to take his first ride....KENTON BOY! We were standing there letting the kids do 1 more ride when she asked if I wanted to take him on. She said he could go as long as he could sit and put the seat belt around him. That was really nice of her! He liked it too:)

Thank you fair rides, thank you weather, thank you fair food, thank you cousins. You did not disappoint! Friday will be the rodeo. I know what you're thinking......

I told you we were fair dorks:)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

No wonder we didn't bump into you! We didn't even go over to the rides :) And I didn't even see the games! haha We just saw the animals, walked the pavilion and ate junk food. Maybe next time!

Sophia is such a big girl, I can't believe it! So proud of her "braveness" (haha... bravery?)