Sunday, January 1, 2012

Friday

We spent our day swimming. It is amazing the amount of confidence Sophia has gotten while being here and swimming everyday. Putting her face in the water was not her favorite thing and now she's a little fish and does not like to wear her life jacket.

She comes up for a breath and then keeps on going. This motivates me to put her back in swim lessons when we get home. I don't want her to lose what she has gained here.
And for Mr. Kenton...Every time we go past the pool or ocean, he tries to dive bomb out of my arms to get to the water. One night the kids went swimming and I just took Kenton to watch and he was so mad. So now he is always in his swim suit and ready too!

Later that night we went out with Kevin, Hollie, Caleb, and Anna. Zac and Janice were kind enough to watch our kids. We ate dinner at Bubba Gumps...You know, "Run Forrest, Run!"It's a pretty restaurant right on the water. I had soup and salad and TJ finally got to eat some seafood (since I don't eat it).

TJ played golf one day with his brother, which was one of his "big" things, so I thought about what I wanted to do or buy for my "big" thing. I watched someone open an oyster and decided that's what I wanted to do. I wanted a pearl and wanted to pick a setting for it. Once I decided that, finding a setting was a little more tricky. I love rings so I knew I wanted a ring, but all the settings had thin bands or were like $400 (and I wasn't going THAT big). A man at the Pearl Factory was SO nice. He took a pearl off a setting I liked, so I could set it with the pearl I picked. Sorry about my face in the next picture, but that's seriously how I felt. Everyone watching kept saying, "Pick a good one" and once I did, they said, "Are you sure?" MAN, talk about pressure...


I had no strategy other than finding a fat one



I went with my original choice and felt good about it, but was still extremely nervous. My heart was beating hard and I was sweaty, hahaha. I mean come on, I wanted a good one, especially because the setting I picked needed a big one:)

I got to tap on it 3 times and say, "ALOHA!" as the man rang a bell

And the moment arrived...It was a big one and gold color, which meant prosperity. TJ was happy too because I guess he was fist pumping behind me.

The last thing I got to do was make a wish!

I'm glad I did it and love my ring (sorry I forgot to take a picture of it mounted and complete).

No comments: