Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kenton Boy is O-N-E

One year ago Kenton Curtis Rickie Brown entered our lives. It was a Monday morning at 2am when I started having contractions. We went to the hospital at 6am and he was born at 9:26am 2 weeks early. He weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long (can you imagine how big he would have been 2 weeks later???...sheesh...obviously he had no more room). I was blessed with an easy and fast delivery. It was love at first sight and I still can't get enough of him:)

LOVE HIM!
Here he is a little more cleaned up. He had very skinny long legs and huge hands.

So handsome

This was the best moment when Sophia came to see him. I still remember the moment she walked in the room. She said, "Where is he?" right away. She was definitely excited and ready to be a big sister. She is amazing with him.

He is ready to go home with us! Let the adventure begin:

And here he is! This is an official 1 year picture on his day!!!! Sophia seemed to keep her same look, but Kenton has changed quite a bit. Super dark, straight hair to light curly hair and his eyes are a brighter blue!

I love it when he does this. This is his "I'm so funny" face. His face scrunches up and he gives a fake laugh.

We had his birthday party on Saturday (post to come), so we just went to Red Robin to use his free birthday coupon. He was not too sure about them singing and clapping. Every time someone started singing to him today, including me, he would get all bashful.

Yummy cool whip...

Here are some of my favorite things:

1. He says mom, dadda, uh-oh, hi, and ball

2. Loves to climb the stairs and yells for help when he wants to come down

3. Starting to walk (10 steps at the most so far) and can balance for a long time

4. Loves balls

5. Does not mess around with food. He has not put 1 thing in his mouth that he doesn't like. He eats more than Sophia some nights.

6. Hears music and starts to dance

7. Starting to bug his sister (gets into the things she is playing with. She often says, "Mom can you distract Kenton, ha!)

8. Likes to tackle (whenever we are on the floor he will crawl quickly over with a "I'm gonna get you scream" and dog piles)

9. Tilts his head to say hello to you with a huge smile

10. Picks up the phone, puts it to his ear and says, "hi" but it sounds like "eye". If I'm talking on the phone and he doesn't have one he will put his hand over his ear and say, "eye".

11. Loves his blanket

12. Starting to get mad and throw mini tantrums..the testing is beginning

13. Smiles a lot (his dimples work me over)!

There is much much more, but I think that list is long enough. He is a good boy and is quite busy, but I love every minute. Today has been a very reflective day for me. When Sophia turned 1 I was excited. I think because she was my first, I was more eager for the "next stage", but with Kenton I just want the time and him growing up to slow down. I am amazed that he is 1 already. Him and I have always had a close bond that I treasure. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENTON BOY:)!

1 comment:

The Frandsens said...

I can't believe that it has been a year already either! He is such a handsome little man!