Thursday, July 7, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

Sophia and I started off the festivities with a little red and blue action. My nails were painted like that too! Our day was planned out, but it didn't go as planned at all. TJ went out with his G-pa and brother at 6am to pick up the crab pots they had left the night before. TJ was thinking he would be back around 10ish so we could go by fireworks, make the macaroni and cheese to take to a friend's BBQ, etc. Well, when the boat ran out of gas it kinda put a kink in our plans. That 10ish thought turned into a 4ish time. Yup, so Sophia, Kenton, and I did everything by ourselves and finally went to the BBQ without TJ. He finally made it there about 5. It's one of those times where you can't get mad because it's not like they wanted to run out of gas, but I had a couple "ugh" moments. I am just glad they got home safely. While waiting for him I took a lot of pictures of our kiddos in their USA colors!

Sophia was so excited to wear her red, white, and blue and was decked out in it from the top of her head, down to her toes. She picked the classic pink tank top from Old Navy and even wanted to wear it the next day too!
I love this picture. They obviously aren't looking at me, but both are looking at the same thing. What is it? I don't know...

I had fun taking pictures of Kenton on his first Fourth of July! A family friend gave us this outfit before he was born. They must have been in tune with what size he was going to be because it fit him perfectly!


Uhhhh ladies, watch out! A little wink with those dimples and he will be melting some hearts:) Well maybe not if he's grabbing his crotch at the same time. Such a guy!

My good lookin' boys! I just love them!

Had to get Sophia in the picture too. I love her too:) What do you think. Do they look like their daddy?

This is Kenton's newest cousin, Miss Ella (a little over a 1 month old). Kenton will be her protector...he looks huge next to her (okay, I think he looks huge next to any baby because he IS a big boy).

After the BBQ we went to my parents house to celebrate our nephews 9th b-day and have the firework show. Sophia started plugging her ears when her cousins did.

She loved the sparklers. I think she did both the bundles we bought all by herself!

Although the day didn't go exactly as planned, it was still fun:)

4 comments:

GG said...

Even though the day didn't go as planned.... I'll bet everyone enjoyed the crabs at dinner!! The guys did good!!

Betsy B. said...

Kenton's smile is sort of amazing, isn't it? What fun!!

Sarah said...

Oops, I posted on the pre 4th pictures. Just love the pictures. read below! : )

Anonymous said...

She has the cutest feet and toes! https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fOnrXWyNoO0/ThaPMTLMeaI/AAAAAAAABu8/GCjYmEBo50I/s1600/DSC07719.JPG When I had this picture displayed life size I leaned close to kiss her toes and cracked up when I thought to myself, "I sure hope her toes smell really good and they aren't like too stinky LOL! I pressed my nose against her toes to smell them just to make sure LOL! Her toes are absolutely adorable. Can hardly wait to get them on display life size in one of my digital picture displays. Since her feet and toes look like they are directly in my face when I am showing off her toes I will have to tell company not to worry, her feet smell good, they aren't stinky!