Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Tree Shopping

Every year we have a tradition to go chop down our Christmas tree and this year it was sunny and beautiful. I am quite picky (my mom trained me to be that way) about my tree, so it takes us awhile. My parents and TJ's brother's family joined us this year and we were the last ones to find our tree (like every year, hehe). Sophia found hers right away...

Kenton found his too! He wasn't quite sure what was going on and didn't like to touch them at first, but warmed up to that.
About an hour into searching (told ya I was a little particular) Sophia was done. Thank goodness for this big puddle. Her rain boots were on, so we told her she had to cross the river. That helped her change her mood for a bit.

We finally found it! Isn't she lovely?!

There's my manly man cutting it down (isn't his outfit awesome?!)

The tree made its way inside and TJ went to work on the lights. I am so picky that I can't do the lights because I'd be there all day, so TJ does them and I have to deal with his job. He does a good job though.

Sophia had fun getting out all her ornaments. It was neat to talk to her about the ornaments and when/where she got them. I told her that she needs to spread out all her ornaments, but she said that she needed to put all hers in one spot! I also had to strategically place nonbreakable ones towards the bottom for the busy and curious boy.
(don't mind Sophia's hair...we hadn't gotten to that yet;)...Sophia also has her own special tree and little presents to put under it. Each day in December she gets to open a present and put the new little ornament on her tree.

O CHRISTMAS TREE, O CHRISTMAS TREE, HOW LOVELY ARE YOUR BRANCHES!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Both your trees were beautiful! The perfect tree gene comes from GG!!