Sunday, August 23, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!!!

On Saturday, my Aunt Sarah and Craig (who live in Seattle) invited us over to do a practice triathlon (smaller version of what we're actually going to do), so that we could get a feeling of the transitions and doing the swim, bike, and run one right after another. We met at Madrona park. It was beautiful! You could look out over the water and see Bellevue on the other side! We arrived and Aunt Sarah and Craig had goodie bags for us with different energy items, water bottles, and more...very nice:)
Here we are getting ready to take off on our swim...
Look at that form! I did pretty good tracking myself in the water (staying in a straight line), but my dad and Craig took a little side trip a little off course. Boy was I laughing!!!
Getting out of the water I was a little dizzy, but ran back to my transition area and got ready for the bike...Dad and I are off and ready! It's so nice riding bikes over there because the cars are so polite. There was actually a sign that said, "Bikes have the right away!" Why can't B-town be more like that?
The bike was a nice ride. I don't have clip-in pedals, so I didn't have to worry about changing my shoes. I took a couple drinks, put my hat on, and started jogging (not fast, haha)...Don't worry those with clip-ins caught up to me!
My mom made star "finisher" medals. As we finished the run, the kids put them around our neck. Sophia had mine and put in on me:)!
After we all finished we had a BBQ. Aunt Sarah had her friend make special cupcakes for us to celebrate us finishing in one piece and to celebrate Nolan's (nephew) birthday. Aren't they cute?!!!
Sophia played hard and earned her cupcake.
Here are all the participants. It wouldn't be like my mom if she didn't make us shirts. The T-shirts said, "Uffens, Pitt, Brown....Practicethon"
Doing our "Practicethon" gave me more confidence for our upcoming triathlon and I wasn't even sore the next day. HOLY COW, IT'S IN 2 WEEKS!!!

5 comments:

Mike Skiff said...

yeah! I told you that you would do great! Proud of you guys!

Tiffani said...

You guys are all amazing. I'm in awe of your phsyical strength! Good job! I can't wait to hear how the real thing goes.

Shawna said...

What a great fam you have to set up that little practice run! Looks like you did great Em! Way to go ;)

The Frandsens said...

Wow, it is in two weeks already!? I am so impressed with you guys.... good luck with the last two weeks of training!

cindy said...

How could I have missed this post? You guys are awesome! I love how the Uffens turn everything into a celebration!!! Good luck with the real deal.