Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seattle Duck Tour

TJ's parents invited us to go on the "Ride the Duck" tour in Seattle with them and a group of friends. I thought I've done all the touristy things in Seattle, but the Duck ride was a first! Our captains name was "Bask-in-da-sun" and was cheesy the whole way through which fit perfectly with the tour. He asked us where we were from and we all started laughing and said "Bremerton!" He then said, "Wow that is quite foreign." The ride was an 1 1/2 hours and Captain Baskindasun said they do about 70 tours a day in the summer. You could also purchase "quacker" whistles to join in the fun. We toured the city first and passed at least 15 Starbucks. Every time we passed one we had to respond with a "cha-ching!" Then we went into the water. That was my favorite part:) Here is a list of things we learned about Seattle:
DID YOU KNOW???

1. United airlines was established on Lake Union.
2. The Space Needle was originally orange.
3. The Space Needle was built for the world fair.
4. The Monorail was suppose to be temporary.
5. Mr. "Nordstrum" came to America with only $5 in his pocket (that quickly changed).
(Okay there was more, but I can't remember right now)
Check out that ride!!! I called window seat. Many people wave to you from the streets and dance to the music of the "Duck"

Love this place:)

Here is another Duck in the water...They just slowly go down the boat ramp and "wa-la" we're floating!

Space Needle

Gas Works Park

The "Sleepless in Seattle" house

TJ and Sophia posing next to the Captains chair

It's always fun to do something new. We're glad we went and had a fun time with TJ's family...quack, quack!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

FUN! I just always wanted to try that out. I love the pic of you three. Sophia has the cutest little smile! What a nice day to tour Sea-Town, you foreigners ;)

Calley said...

Don't worry, I'm barfy too and have always wanted to do the duck! Even when I'm making fun of it when we see it downtown. I'm all about trivia.
OH! Ohmygosh I can't believe I forgot to tell you about this. Do you like the Amazing Race?? We're doing the Great Urban Race the last Saturday of August. I'll spare you the salespitch, but know it is my little dream come true. You and TJ should sign up! greaturbanrace.com.

Veronica Gaidelis-Langer said...

Fun!! We've done the Duck Tour in Boston and Philadelphia now. Quite corny, but fun! Looks like you are having a fun summer home with Sophia! :)