Friday, August 28, 2009

We Survived 2 Full Days

"Phew!" We got through 2 full days of Sophia's new "school!" Today and Thursday I had teacher days, so I wanted Sophia to go all day then, just in case she needed me I could escape out of my meetings! First of all I have to wake Sophia up to get ready in the morning (which I hate), but I do get an extra 20 minutes in the car with her. When I dropped her off Thursday morning, I was a crying mess all the way there and as I walked in. I tried to be "STRONG" mama, but wasn't doing a very good job. Sophia whimpered and wanted her blankets, but settled down. This morning I held it together a little better, but Sophia cried harder. Lots of reassuring of "mommy will be back!" Both days went better than I thought...not perfect, but better. She went through crying spurts throughout the days and asked for me about every 40 minutes, but the crying did not last more than 15 minutes. Both days when I went to pick her up, she would see me, then start crying...pretty funny! Here is her cubby:
Sophia did lots of art. She painted, made a name tag, and a bookmark for daddy. She loves putting on stickers.
Ms. Shelby (teacher) is VERY POSITIVE and fills out a "Toddler Times" for each child telling the parents about the kids day. It reports on their behavior, naps, potty, meals/snacks, activities, and comments. I appreciate that even though I make Shelby tell me everything when I get there anyway. TJ loves it too! Plus Shelby took pictures of Sophia on her cell phone all day and texted them to me! It was wonderful getting those pictures while sitting in oh so wonderful meetings!
Sophia enjoyed playing with the magnets. During the 2 days, she also: played with marbles, went on a walk to see the chickens, picked apples and blackberries, played outside in the swing, read books, painted a picture, made a bookmark, played in rice, made a fort, etc. Busy, busy!

This was an exhausting week...Sophia was extremely cranky tonight and was ready to crash (so am I), but we survived (thanks for all the encouraging notes)!!! I'm back to lovin' weekends:)

1 comment:

The Frandsens said...

Wow that school really sounds incredible...what a great teacher! I bet she will learn to love it there.