Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pee-pee In Da Potty!

Okay there was no pee-pee, but Sophia did want to show off her NEW little potty or as she calls it "my toilet!" I know many of you are reading this and saying...What? Potty training? We are just taking it slow and following Sophia's lead because the past couple weeks she has been wanting a turn sitting on the big potty. She has also been telling us that she is poopy and that she wants her diaper changed. I figured that is a good sign that she does not like it in her diaper. So yesterday we went to TARGET and got the simple and cheapest potty chair. It will connect to the big toilet and the bottom is steps to walk up to the toilet.
Here is Sophia right after I got it out of the box. She couldn't wait to sit on it...
I explained to her that her potty stays in the bathroom because I can just see her walking around carrying it...uh..gross! So off went the diaper to give it a try. We were in the bathroom for a good 20 minutes. She would stand up, put the seat lid down, lift it back up and say "more," then sit back down. We really killed some time in there and she cried when I told her we were all done for now.
To take the process even further I gave her some toilet paper and she wiped and put it in her potty.
Once again there was no pee. I tried teasing her with running water, etc but it didn't work. Like I said we are just introducing it now because she is excited about it. We'll see how long that lasts. Any potty training tips???

5 comments:

Mike & Malynda said...

so cute. I have no good ideas...it was awful but you already know that. :) Yeah sophia so fun! :)

The Frandsens said...

Way to go Sophia! Well we actually just started with Landon yesterday, and it is going great! So my only experience is waiting until they are ridiculously old. But hopefully that will not be the case with you guys!

KariMarie said...

Fabulous! Yeah Sophia!! I am having a hay day with Leighton and he turns 3 in two weeks. However, he has never showed the signs that Sophia has. BOYS?!!

Shawna said...

Whaaaaaat?! Whatever is all I have to say you super mom you :P Do you teach mommy lessons on this side of your regular job, please? ;)

Rachel said...

This probably only works for boys, but I pour warm water on Coops weenie. Works every time. I love your family pic by the way!!!